How do you make a plastic watch tough enough to be called a Reactor? Make it out of stainless steel. Seeing how tough space-age polymers are dominating the firearms market, we decided to experiment. Step one was finding the right polymer, which we did with Nitromid™, a glass-reinforced polymer with a tensile strength higher than steel. But that was only part of the problem. All plastics have some elasticity, which improves their durability and impact resistance, but really hinders their ability to be made highly water tight. Our solution? A stainless-steel core that houses all of the water-tight connections on a watch – crystal, case back, and screw-down crown. The result is a watch over 50% lighter than an all steel model with the same water-tight integrity but improved scratch and impact resistance. We call that the best of both worlds. And of course, Gryphon features our patented Never Dark® illumination technology, which keeps the watch visible 24/7 regardless of light. For military, public safety, and active outdoorsmen, we don’t think you can buy a better watch at any price.
- Individually depth tested to 200 M / 660 ft.
- Tough Nitromid™ polymer for lightweight & impact resistance
- Crystal, crown & case back mount into 316L stainless core
- Tough, comfortable Gryphon Strap co-molded nylon & rubber strap
- Secure screw bar case-to-band interface for superior strength
- Case Material Nitromidª polymer with Stainless Steel core
- Band Co-molded rubber and nylon strap
- Depth Rating Individually depth tested to 200 M / 660 ft.
- Movement Quartz with 10-year power cell
- Illumination Never Dark¨ System
- Case Size 42mm
- Case Thickness 14mm
- Weight 95 grams
- Width at Lug 33.5mm
- Width at Clasp 22mm